Written By: Alyssa Pelfresne
With the big event only 35 days away, it’s time to start mentally preparing. Once we get back to school, it will be here before we know it, so it’s important to get ready over break. Problem is, there was a huge snowstorm in the Midwest so chances are, everyone’s stuck inside for a few days while the weather clears up. There are so many things to do and bring back to school that will help during the big event. Here are 5 ways to get ready for the big event while stuck inside.
- Gather up any costume ideas for your themed hour. Whether you’re a cowboy and Indian or Disney Princess, grab all of your costume ideas from your closet and start putting together an outfit! After you do this, make a list of accessories you need to buy and complete the perfect look.
- Find all lime accessories and clothing and pack it up ASAP. It may sound a little excessive, but everyone will be in lime throughout the entire 24 hours so it is important to have plenty of limewear to complement your dancing skills.
- Finish that fundraising. In my last post, I gave new ways to fundraise for the New Year and especially since we don’t have anything to do over break, now is an easy time to send some emails and finish that fundraising!
- Make a list of toiletries to bring. Not as exciting but definitively a necessary. Make sure you have an extra toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, face wash, and deodorant. It will make you feel like a million bucks after hours of dancing!
- Rest Up! It’s important to remember that we still have some time left in winter break so enjoy it! Rest up, watch Netflix all day and get that out of your system so you’re ready to go once we’re back on