10 Ways to Keep DM in Your Summer Plans
School may not be in session, but the University of Iowa Dance Marathon is going strong all year long. From stocking up on lime gear to starting your fundraising, summer is a perfect time to begin getting ready for 2015’s Big Event. After all, there’s never a bad time to plan for Dance Marathon.
First and most importantly, make sure you are signed up for DM21. Then, if you find yourself with a moment away from the sunshine and activities of summer, do one or all of these things to keep yourself motivated and excited about Dance Marathon.
1. Plan your fundraising efforts for the rest of the summer and the school year
2. Write and send letters to your family members and friends telling them about DM and asking for donations
3. Buy one or two pieces of lime gear for the Big Event. Lime is always in style, so you might as well start stocking up now!
4. Watch and share the old DM recruitment videos to stay excited about DM all summer long
5. Get to know another person in your morale group as well as your morale captain. You will be spending a lot of time together, so the sooner you know them the more fun you’ll end up having.
6. Update your online giving page. Whether you are a first or fourth year dancer, a personalized story on your online giving page is extremely beneficial. People love to see why you dance and what DM means to you.
7. Practice your best dance moves. There really is no better time than the Big Event to show off your most impressive dance moves. Build up your stamina and work on your favorite ones so you can amaze everyone in February.
8. Go canning in your neighborhood. If you live anywhere outside of Iowa City, then summer is a great time to get a start on your fundraising efforts with home town canning.
9. Start a Big Event countdown. Making a calendar with a day by day count down until the Big Event is sure to get you excited! It may still be over 200 days away, but it will be here before you know it.
10. Remember why you dance. We still have more than seven months to wait for the Big Event, but DM never stops. Reminding yourself why you dance will make fundraising easier and keep you eager for DM all year long.
Enjoy your summer and keep a little bit of lime in your life while you’re away from school. Good luck with your fundraising, have a fantastic summer, and as always FTK!
Written By: Makenzie Pick