9 Things to Make Sure You do for the FTK 5k
Sunday September 28th is Dance Marathon’s first ever FTK day. DM has combined two great events into one day: FTK 5k and the Family Picnic. Here are some tips to make sure you are ready for the big 5k.
- Pick up your packet and t-shirt Friday or Saturday at Running Wild. In addition to your shirt and packet, you will receive a colored wristband that is important for you to wear to the 5k. Packet up is from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm on Friday and 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Saturday.
- Make sure you attend the Running Wild Community Days this Friday and Saturday to get whatever necessities you need for the run. New shorts. New shoes. Lime laces. You name it, they have it.
- Get your lime swag. Decking out in lime shorts, socks, headbands, shoes laces, etc. is a great way to show your support for the kiddos and their families.
- Hydrate. It is important that you drink a lot of water in the remaining days leading up the 5k. If you are not properly hydrated, running can cause fatigue, headaches, and muscle cramping.
- Make sure to go to bed early and get a good night of sleep. In order to be able to fully enjoy the 5k whether you are running or walking, it is important that your body is fully energized and ready to go. This starts with a good night of sleep on Saturday.
- Get your running playlist Make sure you have all the top hits on your running playlist, so you can enjoy every minutes of the race.
- Load up on carbs and protein. In order to get your body energized, it is a good idea to eat carbs and protein the day before the 5k. Foods with carbs and proteins will improve your strength and endurance.
- Make sure you stretch before and after the race. Stretching will reduce muscle cramping and soreness the next day.
- Have fun!
Written By: Cyndi Robison