5 Ways to Show You’re Thankful on Thanksgiving
Taking time out of a hectic schedule to step back and truly appreciate life’s gifts is an important part of Thanksgiving. No matter how or where you celebrate you can turn those thoughts of thanks into actions. Here are five ways to show you are thankful for all you have in life.
- Be present at your Thanksgiving dinner. Whether you are eating with one other person or 40, put the phone down, engage in conversation and enjoy the delicious food Thanksgiving is known for.
- Choose to use Black Friday to buy a gift for someone in need. Swap out one item in your cart for something you can donate to a family who doesn’t have the opportunity to buy holiday gifts.
- Use the extra time you have over break to go canning for Dance Marathon. It’s easy to get caught up in the post meal food coma and mindless sports watching (I’m probably the most guilty of this), but instead you could take those few hours to talk to neighbors and friends about donating to Dance Marathon.
- If you have any leftover cans of food you didn’t use, take them to a church or shelter and donate them. There’s always someone who is in need of extra food, so don’t let it go to waste.
- Tell the people you care about in your life why you are thankful for them. Kind words are always welcome, and Thanksgiving is a great time to make sure you let people know they are appreciated.
Be mindful of all of the things you have to be thankful for this year, and show that thanks through thoughtful actions. Have a great Thanksgiving, drive safe, eat too much turkey and stuffing, watch hours of sports and Punkin’ Chunkin’ and enjoy the day off. Happy Thanksgiving.
Written By: Makenzie Pick