5 Things to Bring Back for the Big Event
With winter break coming to a close it’s time to start planning for spring semester and the Big Event. We’ve got less than 30 days until we all get to shamelessly share our embarrassing dance moves for 24 hours straight. So get your gear ready, get yourself ready, and of course get your dance moves ready. To make the most of your experience be sure to have these five essentials as you head back to Iowa City.
- Any and all lime gear you can find: this can include lime bandanas, shorts, socks, headbands, or anything else lime you can find. There’s no such thing as too much lime at the Big Event, so get creative.
- Comfortable shoes: if you’re going to be on your feet for 24 hours, then you’ll definitely want to have your most comfortable shoes with you. Plan to wear tennis shoes and bring an extra pair of slippers or shoes to use if your feet ever start to hurt.
- Outfit for theme hour: throughout the Big Event there are different theme hours, and every person is assigned to a specific theme hour depending on his/her morale group. If you are unsure of what theme hour you’re in be sure to ask your morale captain. You don’t want to miss out on this opportunity to show off the best costume you can come up with for your theme.
- A fanny pack: this is not a joke. If there is a place where fanny packs are the coolest and most functional accessory possible, it’s the Big Event. It’s the most stylish way to carry around all of your essentials without getting in the way of your dancing. Bonus points if you have a lime fanny pack.
- Your best dance moves: there are very few places where you get the chance to show off your dance moves to thousands of people with zero judgment. The Big Event is one of them, so bring your entire repertoire of dance moves. I know I’ll bring mine.
The Big Event is a time for 24 hours of fun, and being well prepared makes the experience that much better. Get creative with your outfits and lime gear, and get ready for the best 24 hours of the year. Enjoy the rest of break, and continue your countdown to the Big Event and our celebration of everything FTK.
Written By: Makenzie Pick