The Big Event is three short days away, which means it’s time to get yourself ready for the best 24 hours of the year. If you can’t focus on anything else besides lime, dancing and the DM kiddos, don’t worry we’re all there with you. With all of the excitement it can be easy to forget to pack a thing or two, so use the following list to make sure you bring everything you need to have the best DM21 experience possible.
- Fanny Pack: I promise you will never regret this.
- Chapstick: a great thing to keep in your fanny pack
- Hand sanitizer: also a great thing to have in your fanny pack since we want to keep everything at the Big Event as clean and sanitary as possible for the kiddos and everyone involved
- Toiletries: because 24 hours is a long time to go without deodorant, a toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, a wash cloth, contact solution or any other toiletries you may need
- Money, credit card or check: DM merchandise will be on sale throughout the event, so be prepared!
- Extra change of clothes and shoes: stay as comfortable as possible with more than one outfit
- Outfit for your theme hour: theme hours are a great excuse to change clothes and wear an awesome outfit
- Extra hair tie and bobby pins for the ladies: you’re going to get hot. You’re going to want these
- Your morale group t-shirt: support your group’s kiddo during the Big Event
- All of the lime green flair you can fit in your bag: there’s no such thing as too much lime during those 24 hours
- Tissues: you’ll go through about every emotion imaginable at the Big Event. Be prepared with multiple tissues
- Phone and phone charger: you’ll want to capture this awesome event with pictures and social media posts. Also, have your phone charged so you can post your online giving link throughout the 24 hours!
Last but not least…
- Excitement, dancing, hope for a cure, support for the kiddos, and 24 hours of stamina: you’ve been fundraising and preparing for this day for months. Bring everything you have to this amazing 24 hours, and never forget everything we do is FTK
Written By: Makenzie Pick